Thursday, May 06, 2004

I stepped out of azure waters and white quartz sand
to the embrace of the city of divine providence
feeling planted by praises, which sprouted out of the soles of my feet
and dove for the earth
I got blindsided by the spectre of The End. The first words that came to me from every mouth I met upon my return were,
"So, you're done."
This question dredged up the petty insecurities and fears that have been plaguing me, that I had just cleansed from myself--
College has been such a perfect fit for me, such an ideal home.
I have struggled to find a way to see life for myself beyond it.
It is that this critical juncture that the powerful force of Corey Jackson, too long absent, reenters my life. He asks differently
"So, where are you going?"
Where am I going. That's absolutely right.