Sunday, August 29, 2004

"And ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." --KG

....

"When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, I am in the heart of God."--KG

I slipped the straps off
I slid the sandals to the floor
pulled my legs up onto the bed and crossed them into me
leaned back against the breeze of the window
The blessing Casey and I prophesized Khlil Gibran to each other
of work and clothing of buying and giving of love and prayer
Pausing frequently to sit in stillness or to scream
until one scream flung us out the door and down the hill
to a table made out of stones, looking out at the mountain we stood on
rolling into mountains rolling into mountains rolling into mist and sea and setting sun
prophesizing.
on the way down, the soles of my feet picked up thorns and brambles and earth
but none of it hurt
and they all came right out and I felt Earth beneath my toes again and we prophesized
that sweet hurt
to know I can take off her sandals
but I am still walking with her feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home