Monday, September 27, 2004

"This is simply another failure of imagination: nature is not only to be found 'out there'; it is also 'in here,' in the apple and the potato, in the garden and in the kitchen, even in the brain of a man beholding the beauty of a tulip or inhaling the smoke from a burning cannabis flower. My is that when we can find nature in these sorts of places as readily as we now find it in the wild, we'll ahve traveled a considerable distance toward understanding our place in the world in the fullness of its complexity and ambiguity."

Reading Michael Pollan makes my fingers itch for pen and keyboard. Now, with keys kissing fingertips, I'm a bit paralyzed. I'll let that be for now. More reading, more learning, to see what new itches I can conjure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home