Thursday, December 06, 2001

I learned stuff today. I don't think that happened every day this semester, and that pisses me off
as if I somehow managed to dive so vigorously into the pool that I didn't get wet.
But today was good. Today there was some saturation. Today there might have even been catalysis.
Although most of my chemistry course is frenetic glorified algebra amidst semi-fanatical premedicals, the concepts are big and when we talk about them I get into them. I don't know how easy it is for me to believe in catalysts, which everyone seems to take for granted. Can anything cause change without being effected itself? By Prof Sweigart's definition today, I would say that the burning bush that appeared before Moses might qualify--burning unconsumed.
Am I even looking for a catalysts? Who knows. Sleepsleep.