Sunday, December 23, 2001

Did you know that it could take almost six hours to get to Manhattan? I didn't, but I found out yesterday in the car with my parents. weekend before Christmas=not a great weekend to drive anywhere, much less Manhattan. Hit this city with ass thoroughly numb, kidnapped my brother and his roomate Ariel Glasner (now very nervously preparing to board a plane for Paris) and went for a serious run around Central Park. Yum, running makes me feel so good. What makes me feel perhaps even better? Intense food. Glorious sushi dinner with Ethan and the folks saw me guzzling wasabi and pickled ginger.... and an occassional piece of raw fish. Chilled with Ethan's friend Dave afterward--who knew young journalists could actually be successful? Then to a swing club, where I mainly sat and talked with my brother. He's doing well for himself here. Granted he's got a lifestyle going, especially career-wise, that I couldn't even imagine entering into or maintaining, but he's come into it beautifully. Tonight: South Indian food again? A play--Proof? Or a musical--Cabaret? Tomorrow night La Boheme. I'm excited. I have had some excellent opera experiences thus far...