Friday, December 14, 2001

I took the longest test of my life today. I studied more for this chemistry test than I can remember studying for any test--and I'm not even confident that I performed well at all. Regardless of whether I succeeded on the test, I got a lot out of the intensity of my studying...I'm frankly feeling rather drained and sated, and it has taken quite a bit of will power to get myself to focus in on the tasks now at hand. I was able to galvanize (a process of coating iron with zinc to prevent its oxidation and resulting rust) my literary impressionists paper on Henry James's Turn of the Screw and Joseph Conrad's Lord Jim and send that in tonight, and now I am onward and upward into the brain--my neuroscience exam is monday and I have much learning to do.
Although I am definitely finding finals period fulfilling this year so far, I am getting more and more excited at my imminent return to DC, to friends and family and much DC goodness, some relaxation with good people,a nd some learning--Jackie has promised to teach me to dance and Ester has offered her counsel on HTML, and I'm going to be doing some work with Dr. Swerdlow again...maybe I will drive to the beach and polar bear, or something. Mainly, I'm babbling, and being rather incoherent, because all of my brain energy has been going into finals, and I'm excited for next week when I can spread my brain out more after I am done....